K. G. Balmain
, Professor Emeritus
B.A.Sc.(Toronto), M.S.(Illinois), Ph.D.(Illinois), F.I.E.E.E., P.Eng.
- Research Interests: Electromagnetic theory; antennas; electromagnetic compatibility; electrostatic arc discharge simulation; antennas and conducting tethers in ionospheric and laboratory plasmas; arc discharge of electron-charged spacecraft dielectrics; characterization of novel electromagnetic materials.
- Recent publications:
- K.G. Balmain, A.A.E. Lüttgen, and P.C. Kremer, "Power flow for resonance cone phenomena in planar anisotropic metamaterials,", IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Special Issue on Metamaterials , vol. 51, no. 10, pp. 2612-2618, Oct. 2003
- K.G. Balmain, A.A.E. Lüttgen, and P.C. Kremer, "Resonance cone formation, reflection, refraction, and focusing in a planar anisotropic metamaterial", IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 1, no. 7, pp. 146-149, 2002
- H.G. James and K.G. Balmain, "Guided electromagnetic waves observed on a conducting ionospheric tether", Radio Sci., vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 1631-1644, Nov.-Dec. 2001
- R. Resendes, A. Berenbaum, G. Stojevic, F. Jäckle, A. Bartole, F. Zamanian, G. Dubois, C. Hersom, K. Balmain, and I. Manners, "Application of ring-opened poly(ferrocene)s as protective charge dissipation coatings for dielectrics," Advanced Materials, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 327-330, 2 March 2000
- T.D. Pham and K.G. Balmain, "Multipath performance of adaptive antennas with multiple interferers and correlated fadings," IEEE Trans. Vehicular Technology, vol. 48, no 2, pp. 342-352, March 1999