- G. V. Eleftheriades , Professor and Canada Research Chair
Dipl.(N.T.U. Athens), M.S.E.(Michigan), Ph.D.(Michigan), FIEEE
- Research Interests: Metamaterials; Millimeter-wave integrated antennas and circuits for wireless applications; wave electronics techniques; low-loss Si micromachined components; design for high-speed digital circuits; fundamental electromagnetic theory.
- Courses: ECE 115S: Electricity and Magnetism
ECE357S: Electromagnetic Fields
ECE 524F: Microwave Circuits
ECE 1236H: Microwave and Millimeter Wave Techniques
ECE 1229H: Advanced Antenna Theory
ECE1228S: Electromagnetic Theory
- Recent publications:
- Negative-Refraction Metamaterials: Fundamental Principles and Applications. Editors G.V. Eleftheriades and K.G. Balmain (John Wiley & Sons and IEEE Press); ISBN: 0-471-60146-2, June 2005
- M. Antoniades and G.V. Eleftheriades, "A broadband series power divider using zero-degree metamaterial phase-shifting lines," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Component Letters, vol. 15, pp. 808- 810, Nov. 2005.
- A.K. Iyer and G.V. Eleftheriades, "A volumetric layered transmission-line metamaterial exhibiting a negative refractive index," Journal of the Optical Society of America (JOSA-B), vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 553-570, March 2006 (invited).
- A. Grbic and G.V. Eleftheriades, "Practical limitations of sub-wavelength resolution using negative-refractive-index transmission-line lenses," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 53, pp. 3201- 3209, Oct. 2005
- F. Elek and G.V. Eleftheriades, "A two-dimensional uniplanar transmission-line metamaterial with a negative index of refraction," New Journal of Physics; Focussed Issue on Negative Refraction, , NJP 7, 163, August 2005 (invited);